Chocolate works as instant mood booster for chocolate lovers of all age. The taste and aroma
of chocolate itself is mesmerizing and would work like natural soother on your senses. This
magical bar was till now loved for its texture, taste and feel but the latest studies have also made
it popular for its several health benefits. The dark chocolate is said to be having many natural
healing properties that may work positively on various health conditions. Even if you are not the
one that goes crazy about chocolates, these 5 health benefits of dark chocolate will attract you
- Anti-depressant – The chocolates are natural anti-depressants. Thefew pieces of dark chocolate would work as instant stress reliever and mood booster. The PEA(phenylthylamine) content of chocolate would stimulate your brain to release the serotonin andendorphins. These two chemicals will release stress and make you feel loved. The instant feeling
of happiness and love would enlighten your mood instantly. The dark chocolate bar can be your
companion whenever you have to handle undue professional and personal life pressures.
- Lowers Blood Pressure and LDL levels for healthy heart – Darkchocolate is not just tasty and good for brain but it also works positively for your heart. Theflavonoids present in the dark chocolate bar are the wonder food for your heart. It will reduce theblood pressure levels and also protect the cells against free radicals. The major advantage of
flavonoids is that they check the LDL levels and keep the blood flow consistent through the
- Anti-ageing for younger you – Dark chocolatecan do what even the best anti-ageing crèmes can’t! The antioxidant rich chocolate bar wouldslow down the ageing process and keep your body young as ever. The skin and hair health canalso be maintained with this magical bar. The Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC)
that measures the antioxidant levels in any food have found the presence of different chemicals
like flavanols, polyphenols and catechins in dark chocolate. These chemical compounds have
commendable antioxidant properties. The tests carried out in controlled conditions have found
the effect of cocoa beans on radicals to be quite high but the same effect won’t be found on
human body. Still, you can definitely expect some great anti-ageing results from dark
- Controls blood sugar levels – The flavonoids that enhance thenitric oxide levels in your blood would control the blood sugar levels by decreasing the insulinresistance. The effective use of insulin would bring down the sugar levels and would also help inType 2 Diabetes.
- Food for brain – Chocolate may tantalize your taste buds but at thesame time it induces your brain to release endorphins that would take you through the memorylane where you would recall all good memories. The feel good factor of chocolate wouldincrease the blood flow in the brain and increase the concentration levels.
There are many more health benefits of dark chocolate and the nutrition value of each bar is
also good enough to provide you with fibers and many essential minerals. So, next time when
someone stops you from having your big bar of dark chocolate, you have many valid reasons to
justify your love for the same.
Carol is a freelance writer, who loves spending her time of the day with her family. She has
published this article on behalf of an online store for HCG
drops, that aids in burning unnecessary fat from the human body and results in weight