1. For folks who are self employed, your premiums may be tax-deductible. You may also be entitled to a tax break if your employer offers a flexible spending account. Consult a tax professional. This will help you determine what will give you a tax break and what won’t.
2. The use of tobacco in any form will add to your rates. People who snuff or chew tobacco will also pay higher rates than those who don’t
Staying off all tobacco products will attract cheaper rates.
3. You can get considerable discounts if you get your policy from the same insurance company that maintains your auto and home insurance. Every insurer will typically offer a discount if you buy more than one policy from their company.
Notwithstanding that it pays to take advantage of a multi-policy discount, you may save more by buying your different policies from different insurers.
4. Phone med services are great services that will help reduce your costs. A phone med service is on 24 hours daily and provides free medical advice. You have at least a registered nurse with a minimum of 10 years experience on hand to offer free medical advice you can trust. Local clinics offer free medical help by phone in most cases.
This reduces the number of visits you make to your doctor and as a result your total cost on the whole.
Moreover, you get timely advice that could help you nip certain issues in the bud. So they are worth giving serious attention.
5. If you want to lower your rate then join a group health expense sharing plan. This refers to a group of individuals who have chosen to team up and provide themselves with health insurance coverage. They are usually found in big organizations like churches.
Rules and coverage types are different in most groups.
You can check if your personal requirements are met by such a group. You’ll pay far less if you locate one to register with.
6. You can get better rates on health insurance today by visiting not less than five quotes sites. Each quotes site will require about 5 minutes or less to receive quotes. (Some people give information that is not really correct about themselves. That is NOT a smart move since the quotes you’ll get this way won’t do you any good). You’ll have to pick the best health insurance quote for you from the list of quotes you’ve obtained. It’s as simple as that. However, you could easily save hundreds of dollars